Kelly Clarkson is being sued by Starstruck Management Group over alleged unpaid commissions totally $5.4 million.
Kelly Clarkson is being sued by her long-time management firm over alleged unpaid commissions.
According to Variety, Starstruck Management Group filed a lawsuit against the 'Breakaway' hitmaker for breach of contract after they claim she failed to pay millions of pounds in commissions for 'The Voice' and 'The Kelly Clarkson Show'.
The documents state that Kelly paid $1.9million so far this year, but still owes $1.4million and they believe the 38-year-old singer will owe $5.4million by the end of 2020.
They've alleged that Kelly and Starstruck Management Group had a verbal contract for the deal which dates back to 2007.
Starstruck Management Group filed the suit at Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday (29.09.20).
It's not known if Kelly is still working with the group, which is headed up by her ex-husband Brandon Blackstock's father, Narvel Blackstock.
Kelly - who has six-year-old River and four-year-old Remington with her ex-spouse - being sued comes as she's been having a tough time of it of late as her life has ''been a little bit of a dumpster'' over the last few month because of her divorce from Brandon.
She said: ''I mean, it's no secret. My life has been a little bit of a dumpster ... personally, it's been a little hard the last couple months. I've been talking to friends that have been through divorce. I don't know how people go through that without having some kind of outlet because it is the worst thing ever for everyone involved.''
However, Kelly previously insisted she won't discuss her divorce for the sake of her kids.
The 'Piece by Piece' hitmaker said: ''I am a very open person, but I'm not going to be able to be truly open about this in certain aspects because there's kids involved ... I think that I will navigate a way in which to be open and honest about it eventually, probably via the show, and it'll probably, I'm assuming, happen organically when someone says something in conversation or something. It definitely wouldn't be planned ... But my children and his older children - there are a lot of little hearts involved in this and while people feel, 'Oh my gosh, what a loss ...' imagine how it is in the epicentre of the storm. It's a lot to process and deal with, just as a family. So because it's not just me, I probably won't go too deep with it.''
Sheffield's very own all girl group Pretty Fierce are still on a high after the recent release of their debut single - 'Ready For Me'.
Three nights before the end of his current tour Will Varley returned to his home town of Deal to delight a sold out crowd in The Astor Theatre.
With only a few days to go before Portsmouth based songstress and producer WYSE releases her new single, 'Belladonna', we caught up with her to find...
Colorado raised, Glasgow educated and Manchester based Bay Bryan is nothing if not a multi-talented, multi-faceted artist performing as both...
Former Marigolds band member Keelan Cunningham has rediscovered his love of music with his new solo project Keelan X.
Wiltshire singer-songwriter Luke De Sciscio, formally known as Folk Boy, is set to release is latest album - 'The Banquet' via AntiFragile Music on...
Electronic music pioneer and producer Annie Elise says that the release of her first EP - 'Breathe In, Breathe Out' feels "both vulnerable and...
Ahead of the imminent release of his second solo album - Dekker, aka Brookln Dekker, took time out to let us know about the musical project he...